First Baptist Church of Crossett is seeking a Ministerial Secretary for an active church office with a multi-staff setting.
Applications are available at the Church Office.
Hours: M-TH 8:00am to 5:00pm FR 8:00am to 12:00pm
Pay Rate: Negotiable, Salary Employee
- Must be a Christian and represent not only First Baptist Church, but Jesus Christ and demonstrate love and compassion for all people.
- Must be a person with a pleasant and effective manner when dealing with people.
- Must be professional and friendly in speaking with the public, whether in person, by phone, or written communication.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and be discreet in speaking about the business of the church, the staff, and church leaders’ activities, the membership’s struggles, or challenges.
- Must have good organizational skills and have competent computer software skills and secretarial skills.
- Answering phones and directing calls, if needed taking messages and relaying messages to the necessary staff member.
- Complete the church bulletin each week. This includes revisions, compiling information, printing, and distributing the bulletin.
- Maintaining Easy Worship software so that the worship service is complete and prepared for Sunday.
- Prepare Choir Folders so that the necessary music is ready for Sunday. Catalog and maintain the Music Library.
- Fill in and Learn from the Church Financial Secretary to perform that job’s duties in their absence.
- Ordering quarterly Sunday school literature.
- Maintaining Sunday School and other Service attendance records.
- Assist Minsters as needed with weekly tasks.
- Assist Church Members with tasks that arise in the office setting.
- Attend and assist in church events.
- Other duties deemed appropriate as needed to assist the office and staff.
- At least a high school diploma.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and ability to work with graphics preferred.
Please contact us to apply for this position.